Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Early Gestation

Thinking of the various ways one can get ready in the morning and you might lose your mind. I would think that typing out your thoughts on the Internet would be the best way to get the job accomplished. Well I thought wrong you might say. However, I just got the feeling I should do some typing this morning since I got to write my first article for the school paper and it was very exciting. Even the idea of walking across campus and rushing into a stranger's space did not scare me as much as I suspected it would. It was actually a lot of fun gathering the information and then putting it all on paper. I just hope they got it in time since I had to go to my other job before I could send it to them.

Big game this weekend with LSU playing Florida. It is going to be a real barn burner, to use a cliche early in the morning. Florida is one of the toughest teams in the country and coming off an emotional loss to Auburn the week before will only make them angry I feel. Also, LSU played like warm shit last weekend. I hope that level on energy and enthusiasm for football has been forgotten by the Tigers. A game like last weekend and the boys will be down 105-0 by the half. Good luck.

Might make it down to the game, which will be awesome. Hopefully I can work the ride thing out and get my ass down there. Sucks Lindsey will not be able to make it due to our house sitting duties. For some reason those really chap my ass. Anyway, I want to go with or without her to BR this weekend for the game experience.

Reading a great book about television, mass media, and the loss of the total human experience through TV. Written in 1992 but most of it is still relevant in more ways than I can count. Its funny how little things can change in 15 years yet we all feel that life is so much different now than it was then. Although there a more than a few similarities and that is besides the presidents have the same name. It is called The Age of Missing Information and it is by Bill McKibben. Really, really good stuff. All this you can learn just by being in college, amazing.

No comments: