Thursday, July 29, 2010

A New Day

There are several things I would like to accomplish in my life before it is all said and done. These are in no specific order, just throwing them out there.
             

            1. Open and run a bed and breakfast in a beautiful part of America or, really, a beautiful part of the world. I am handy enough to maintain the place and I love to cook so that would take care of the feeding customers part.
             
             2. Make a difference in the lives of young people in my community. I strongly believe that we need to educate our people more before we can ever hope to truly contribute to the global village, if you will. Our education system, while containing many positives, is dismally low for a country with our economic and monetary power. There must be more done to curb this dangerous problem.
             
             3. Raise a healthy and happy family. I am strongly committed to making sure that those to adjectives apply to my future family. I mean healthy physically, mentally, and emotionally. I mean happy in every single way that a family can be happy.
             
             4. I want to always be well read and constantly seek out new avenues of learning and knowledge. I just really like to read and learning new things is fun for me, so I want those things to always be a part of my life.

I am sure there are more and I bet this list will grow as I do. This is just a great place to start and set me on the course for success in my life. I am looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life soon. I think I am in for a very interesting ride. It is going to be difficult at times but I believe it is definitely going to be very interesting.

Let this roller coaster ride video stand as a metaphor for my life right now:

No comments: