Monday, August 2, 2010

Interesting Inspiration

Here is an amazing eulogy written in The Dallas Morning News for EPSN producer Leah Siegel, who passed away on July 26 after fighting breast cancer for two years. She left behind three children and a husband. I never knew Mrs. Siegel, in fact I never heard of her until I read about her on Peter King’s “Monday Morning Quarterback,” but I found this article to be incredibly moving.

I think that the story of Leah Siegel is one that is particularly apropos for me at this stage in my life. As I sit here and wonder why I am on this particular road and might want to pout about my particular problems the world is quick to remind me and all of us that there is always someone going through much worse.

I will take seeing this article as a sign that I need to continue to stay positive and that no matter how “dim” it may appear to me there is always something so much worse that could happen. Life is a battle and it is all about how you handle the particular battles in your life that matter. I have found some strength in this article and am happy to post it here.

I am not so concerned about getting others to read it (although that would be great), but I want it here so that when I look back at all the things I have written I will always be reminded to keep my head up, do what I have to do get it done right, and stay strong for all of the people that love and care about me in this life.

It is amazing that someone I have never met can inspire so much. 

1 comment:

rustybill said...

Mr. Tony talked about her for a whole segment last week.